Tuesday, August 6, 2013

One Year Closer

Anniversary #1:

Ken and I celebrated our first anniversary this past Saturday! I had no clue what he had in store for me that day. 

The last year has been difficult to say the least. As a newlywed wife I haven't been able to be the Susie home-maker that my mom, grandma, great grandma (you get the picture) taught me to be. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on taking a meal out of the oven and popping one of my heels up in the air as I admire my deliciousness...or my disaster! I've struggled with many things that we can't do as a couple but life is not all about doing. Some seasons are about being, resting, and slowing down. Ken has helped me so much with this whole concept. This anniversary reassured me that he meant, "in sickness and in health."


Highlights of the Day: 

-Flowers: real and origami 
-GF blueberry pancakes and bacon (his first attempt at pancakes and they were good!)
-His co-worker made a huge tray of chocolate covered strawberries for us. So he surprised me with those
-An indoor picnic with S-bucks green tea lemonade of course
-He ordered a steak dinner from Mom and Dad's restaurant and had them bring it over as a surprise 
-He told me not to come out of the bedroom until he said. In the mean time I was struggling to get ready. We wanted it to be a special night. Dress up a little. He told me it was fine if I were in sweats but I really wanted to try. So it was time to go out...
-I walked out to roses scattered everywhere, candles spread out around the room, jazz piano music playing in the background, a beautifully set table and a tall handsome man

Lyme alert: (had a seizure 10 minutes into dinner. Almost fell out of my chair so Ken took me to the living room where I could lay on the floor-hard surfaces help the pain for some reason. I was so bummed because he worked so hard and my stupid body was just breaking. This is what Lyme patients deal with all the time-especially those with neuro Lyme.) 

Ready for our romantic dinner to begin! 

Right after the seizure that interrupted dinner

- Laid on the floor and took pictures that blinded us! 
-After dinner he asked me to take off my socks. He washed my feet and told me he wanted to be like Jesus and act like he is washing my feet (serving me) everyday-I was crying as you can imagine
-Then there was a poem he had written called, "Your Smile"-I'll cherish it forever
-Last, he gave me an infinity ring! I'd been wanting one for awhile. 


Most loving man in the world

Yay!

The day was wonderful despite the disease. God gave me an amazing an amazing husband!  He made me a movie with our song and pictures...trying to get it downloaded to FB.  It's probably my favorite thing he did. 

We also bought a King size memory foam mattress that we had saved for! It's on it's way soon. We'll both be able to fit comfortably on the bed now-he is 6'6"!! Ken bought me a dress and a new fleece too. Ah, it felt like Christmas and I felt so loved. If anyone in the Raleigh area needs a Queen size mattress we have one for sale with box spring, frame and a neutral bedskirt. Only a year old.

I've added "follow me by e-mail" at the top right hand corner of the blog. Just add your e-mail and you'll get updates about what's going on in our Rounded Corner! 

*Robin 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, this post made me tear up, especially the part about Ken washing your feet. What a precious memory you will have from that. And I love the infinity ring!

    ReplyDelete