Thursday, December 5, 2013

Meeting Sydney and Health Update

I'm back from my unplanned blogging hiatus. Usually people go to Hawaii and can't blog. Yeah, it's not like that. :) Mom and I started crafting for Christmas and I thought, "why am I not blogging this?". Major props to the big time bloggers that are so consistent with their blog posts. I struggle just to get out of bed in the morning. Although it's tough to get things done, I was so thankful to be able to see my cousin's baby and to start a treatment plan that is based on new lyme research findings.

Meeting Baby Sydney:

Ken and I were blessed to be able to go to Lynchburg this Thanksgiving. Last year there was no way to make it because of my health. Loved seeing family, and especially my grandparents. This thanksgiving we finally got to meet my cousin's baby girl! She is such a happy baby and as you can see, a very cute and cuddly one too. Love my cousin and aunt so much. 


Four generations!

Sydney checking store specials

Aunt Mary and Sydney


New Treatment Plan:

At our last visit to Dr. P we got some new info on Lyme treatment for the 25% of Lyme patients who don't see improvement with regular treatment. I'm in that 25%. Bummer, I know. Friends and family know that I have improved since last year but haven't seen the progress we'd all hoped for by this time. 

Dr. P had just gotten back from a conference when we went to see him. I'm kind of his Guinea pig for this, I guess. I'm ok with that. I'll try anything at this point. Except skydiving. That's just not my thing. Anyway, we knew about biofilm early on in the process. Not only is the Lyme bacteria invasive and destructive, it is also intelligent. Biofilm is the protective covering the bacteria makes for itself over time. A covering that is hard to penetrate in some cases. 

I'm on a protocol that breaks down fat-soluble toxins such as biofilm, etc. There are no antibiotics involved but some fairly intense treatments. Praising the Lord for getting me through one of the toughest parts this weekend. The entire treatment plan is eight weeks long. It's too much to explain but I'm starting week 3 today and we are hopeful. I am still have violent pain attacks at least once a day that leave me exhausted and discouraged. Thank you to those who have been faithful to pray and show love. We are hoping to tear this biofilm to pieces so we can annihilate the bacteria! 

Blessings. 
*Robin* 





1 comment: