Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Verse Ministry and Paper Tutorials



Over the years I've accumulated tons of stationary and office supplies. Notecards, post-it notes, binders, folders, pens, gel pens (oh my word, I bought the 50 pack of those when they were really "in"), I could go on and on about the paper and ink products I have on hand now. The way I'm currently using my extra stationary is by sending notecards with verses on them and journaling who I send them to in order to stay organized.

1. Choose how you'd like to use your extra stationary

Since I can't get out much because of pain, I'm currently using my extra stationary to mail verse cards. *Side note-If you are bedridden or have to stay inside because of an illness you can still glorify God, often in unique ways. Don't give up the fight and don't forget about others.*. I use notecards that have piled up over the years. Just hope I don't accidentally send one with a study question on the back! I used notecards a lot during school.



2. Organize your stationary according to what you need for your project 


For me this is the hardest step. I used to be more of a free spirit before the illness hit me then I got super OCD. So now there's this part of me that wants everything to be in it's place and another part that wants an organized mess (aka organized stacks).

Materials for verse ministry:

1. Notecards
2. Pens
3. Envelopes
4. A Bible
5. Postage stamps
6. Binder or Notebook to track which verse you sent to which people, what day it was and their address.
7. Address book (if you have one-still need to compile my addresses!)
8. Post it notes (I use these on the first verse card I send just to let people know what I'm doing. That way if they continue receiving verses they'll know why). You don't have to do this step.



Even if everything isn't perfectly organized, make a special spot/container for your supplies. Decorate the notebooks if you want. Make things fun :)

If you're interested in the verse ministry, you can make a card to send it in or send only the notecard. If you want to send with a card, check out our Etsy shop for some cards that are sure to encourage as well! TRC Etsy Shop



Project Ideas

-Learn to make origami figures Origami Crane Tutorial

-Use notecards as learning cards, just like you may have done in school. Never stop learning!
-Donate excess school supplies to kids who need them
-Make greeting cards
-Make a home organization binder
-Decorate unused notebooks or notepads and give as gifts (Check out these sites for ideas and tutorials: Tutorial for Covered Notebooks Tutorial for Notepad Toppers )

Have fun creating :)

*Robin*

No comments:

Post a Comment