Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New Treatment Plan

Change of Plans:

I had my last check up about 2 weeks ago. Had a seizure in the nurse's office before seeing the doctor. He came in the room and saw the seizure in real life and because this has been going on for so long he decided to change my treatment plan. Most of Dr. P's neurological Lyme patients follow a protocol of 2 weeks on antibiotics and 1 week off. Each round should get easier and less painful for the patient. I wasn't getting better.  


Currently I'm doing 2 weeks on antibiotics, 2 weeks off. We have seen a decrease in seizures. Although they do happen. I seem to get them when I'm around people, like at the clinic or when people come over. I hate that because the "old Robin" loved being around people! I want people to know that I care about them and want to talk, but my nervous system can't always handle it. I even have seizures on occasion when I'm talking to Ken and Mom or Dad. It's crazy. Overall we've seen improvements over the last 2 weeks. I'm now on my 2 weeks off. We are hopeful about this new treatment plan. 

High Hopes: 

I always get my hopes up. I think that the weeks off will be better. Day one has been difficult but I managed to get up for about an hour or so to take pictures for our Etsy shop. Oh the things I took for granted. It's amazing how making 1 card makes me smile so much. It's the little thing that I treasure now because of the situation. I never thought life would be this way. I didn't know that a person could feel razor blades and knives in their back. So many people in the world are suffering. They are feeling razor blades as I am right now. I don't mean to complain about the pain (although I often have an unthankful heart). I talk about the pain because I want to get the word out about Lyme and how it affects people's lives.

Many friends encourage me through email, FB or text and it means so much. 
Here's my main support group :) 

My supportive husband. Thankful for a faithful man
Still like to goof around


Mom's side of the fam at Teresa and Danny's wedding. They are so loving. 

Shine brightly and pray for Lyme patients around the world!

-Robin 


No comments:

Post a Comment