Wednesday, September 3, 2014

When Skies are Gray

I can hear thunder outside right now! So that fits perfectly with the card I made for the Mojo Monday challenge. I've been wanting to make some cards to have on hand for personal use, not just for the shop. But I have been feeling gray skies and haven't felt up to making anything. I just finished a parasite protocol that is used in conjunction with my Lyme treatment. Whew, it sucks the life right out of you! But last night I felt well enough to go back and craft. 


I always have a hard time choosing which stamp set to use. I knew I wanted to use the Mojo Monday sketch. 1. Because it's awesome and 2. Because I saw that my aunt and cousin had uploaded their creations. It's usually hard to pick the challenge as well but these 2 reasons made it easy :) I chose the See Ya Later stamp set by asking Ken to pick a number and a letter and this was the set that I landed. 


I wanted to paint a picture with the colors and patterns I used on this card. I used Smoky Slate, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White for my main colors. The new Sweet Taffy DP and large dot embossing folder came in handy. I wanted paper that gave a cloud effect. I used the Stampin' Write markers to distinguish the sun from the cloud and the HAPPY from the rest of the words on the stamp. Happy should always be in yellow, right? A strip of rainbow Sweet Taffy DP was a must because there's hope in and after the worst storms!  I finished the card off with paper piercing and bling! 


I'm not sure if this card will show up in our Etsy shop or in my personal stash. Check out our shop HERE! I really enjoyed some stampin' therapy. I encourage anyone to give stamping a whirl but especially people with chronic pain who want a creative hobby that you can do in the solitude of your own home. 

I think I might use this great sketch again in the future! 

*Robin 




No comments:

Post a Comment