Tuesday, July 14, 2015

5 Design Resources for Your Blog




Over the last few days I've been wandering around Pinterest and searching the internet trying to learn all I can about blogging. I haven't even scratched the surface but I have learned a few things and thought I'd share them with you! Here are some awesome websites that will help you enhance the look of your blog. Since I'm currently a "DIY" blogger (meaning I'm not paying anyone to design my website) I find these sites extremely helpful because many of the resources are free. 

1. Canva

This is hands down my favorite design site so far. It's free to join and easy to use. The site also has a gazillion icons, pictures, shapes, layouts, fonts, etc... Having various templates for social media is also nice. Canva offers free templates for your fb cover photo, twitter header, google + header, etsy banner, and more! There is a custom dimension option as well. 

I'm spending the majority of this post on Canva because the site is making it super easy to enhance my blog (and it can do the same for you!). For instance, I made my blog header with the help of Canva and images from Angie Makes blog. She kindly offers beautiful freebies for personal use (do not sell her images!). Thank you Angie for the beautiful watercolor vector images. 

First I did a custom template for the header. Next I downloaded the images below and drag+dropped them into Canva. You'll need to be on the "upload" tab in Canva to do this. Then I had some fun! Use the images included in Canva and others in your personal collection to make something fabulous! 


This girl is talented. I love these flowers she created! 


2. The Hungry JPEG

This site has some good freebies! Their online store launches this month as well. 


I've looked into Photoshop (you can get a 30 day free trial) and it seems like it's going to be a bit of a learning curve. However, PicMonkey seems to be easier to use and it is free. You can pay for more features within PicMonkey if you like. I have played around with it a little and here's a picture from our wedding that I wasn't pleased with until...PicMonkey! 



4. Creative Market

Another site with great freebies but they offer an endless supply of bundles at reasonable prices as well. I'm on a tight budget so I'm thankful for the sites that offer free material. I will definitely return to this site in the future for their bundles! Oh, P.S. they send you freebie updates via email every Monday! Just sign up for their newsletter. 

5. Kaboompics

Kaboompics offers an awesome selection of photos! From fashion to food to breathtaking landscapes Kaboom will hook you up with rich images for your blog or business. The picture from the top of this post is from Kaboompics. I drag+dropped the pic into Canva then got creative. 

Hope these resources help you with your new blog or in sprucing up your existing blog. Now go and conquer your next posts! 

Stay inspired!

Robin 

1 comment: